The International Partnership for Energy Efficiency Cooperation (IPEEC) is a high-level international forum that provides global leadership on energy efficiency. It identifies and facilitates government implementation of policies and programs that yield high energy-efficiency gains.
IPEEC member nations currently account for over 75% of global GDP and energy use.
The 2 core IPEEC committees meet at least once a year to determine the work program and discuss results of current and previous projects. Under IPEEC there are a number of subject-specific task groups.
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources is the lead Australian Government delegate for IPEEC and a member of 8 IPEEC task groups:
- Building Energy Efficiency Task Group (co-chair) (IPEEC)
- Top TENs (co-chair) (IPEEC)
- Transport Task Group (TTG)
- Super-Efficient Equipment and Appliance Deployment (SEAD)
- Networked Devices Task Group (NDTG)
- Energy Efficiency and Finance Task Group (EEFTG)
- Energy Management Working Group Working Group (EMWG)
- Energy Management Action Network for Industrial Efficiency