The Australian Government is committed to supporting regional Australia and has delivered significant investments focused on creating jobs and driving economic growth in our regions.
The Regional and Remote Communities Reliability Fund (the program) will provide up to $50.4 million over 5 years from 2019/20 to 2023/24.
The program will fund feasibility studies looking at microgrid technologies to replace, upgrade or supplement existing electricity supply arrangements in off-grid and fringe-of grid communities located in regional and remote areas.
Microgrids can represent more reliable, secure and cost effective energy supply options for regional and remote communities in Australia.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- viable projects attract funding to support scale-up and implementation of microgrid systems in regional and remote communities
- increased human capital (skills and knowledge) in the design and deployment of microgrids
- demonstrated commerciality and/or reliability and security benefits of deploying and upgrading microgrids
- reduced barriers to microgrid uptake in remote and regional communities
- increased dissemination of technology and/or project knowledge regarding the deployment and upgrading of microgrids
Please note, applications close on Thursday 5 December 2019.
Call for community microgrid feasibility studies Minister for Energy and Emissions Reduction media release 11 October 2019
More affordable and reliable energy for regional Australia Minister for Energy and Emissions Reduction media release 29 March 2019
www.business.gov.au Australian Government