The Australian Government is partnering with local governments to deliver the $100 million Community Energy Upgrades Fund.
The fund will help improve energy efficiency, reduce operating costs and lower greenhouse emissions.
The Australian Government will support local governments through co-funding energy efficiency and electrification upgrades of local government facilities.
The fund will provide grants to local governments for improvements that may include:
- replacing high energy use heating in council pools with energy saving heat pumps
- installing energy efficient lighting at sporting fields, libraries and community centres
- investing in other energy efficiency upgrades.
This $100 million fund adds to the $1.6 billion Energy Savings Package delivering upgrades for homes and businesses in the 2023-24 Budget.
The guidelines for the program will be designed in close consultation with key stakeholders.
We held a roundtable with state and territory local government representatives on Monday 14 August 2023. Read the engagement report from this roundtable.
Grant application timeframes
- December 2023: Release of grant guidelines
- January 2024: Applications open
- April 2024: Applications close
We will update this page if the above timeframes change.
Interested stakeholders can contact the department about the program by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media enquiries about the program can be directed to the DCCEEW Media Team via email@example.com.