Managing energy use is a critical issue for Australia and the Australian Government has delivered a series of programs that have supported industry, community and individuals to manage energy use and costs. The following programs were administered by the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science (DIIS). Archived information regarding these programs is available in the Australian Government Web Archive.
The Ethanol Production Grants Program (EPGP)was designed to support production and deployment of ethanol as a sustainable alternative transport fuel in Australia. The EPG Program provided full excise reimbursement, at the excise rate, to ethanol producers for ethanol produced and supplied for transport use in Australia from locally derived feedstock.
The Program provided $839 million in funding. The Program closed on 30 June 2015.
The Charities Maritime and Aviation Support (CMAS) Program was introduced on 1 July 2012 to assist eligible charities with maritime and aviation fuel cost increases as a result of the carbon price. This recognised charities’ inability to pass on additional costs associated with the carbon price and the potential impacts on their operations. Under the Program, eligible charities received payment for the demonstrable cost increase incurred due to the effective carbon price on fuels purchased for eligible maritime and aviation activities.
The Program provided $1.87 million to 37 eligible charities. The Program closed on 17 July 2014
The Community Energy Efficiency Program (CEEP) was part of a suite of measures announced in July 2011 as part of the governments' climate change strategy. CEEP is a competitive merit-based grant programme that provides co-funding to local governing bodies and non-profit community organisations to implement projects that deliver a range of energy efficiency measures in council and community owned buildings, facilities and sites; particularly where this would benefit low socio-economic and other disadvantaged communities or support energy efficiency in regional and rural councils.
Grants were awarded to 171 recipients, for a total of $113.4 million. 11 grants were withdrawn before Funding Agreements were executed and 7 projects were terminated during the Program, some projects were partially completed at the time of termination. At the close of the Program, a total of $96.3 million was paid in grant funding and 153 projects completed. The Program closed 30 June 2016.
- ACTGovernment Community Services Directorate: CEEP1103 ACTGovernment Community Services Directorate Final Report (PDF 725KB)
- Alice Springs Town Council: CEEP1077 Alice Springs Public Library Final Report (PDF 3.75MB)
- Alice Springs Town Council: CEEP2153 Alice Springs Town Council Final Report (PDF 508KB)
- Bankstown City Council: CEEP2014 Bankstown CBD Parking Lights Project Final Report (PDF 4.40MB)
- Bankstown City Council : CEEP1104 The bankstown Generation Project Final Report (PDF 2.83MB)
- Bankstown District Sports Club Ltd: CEEP2233 Bankstown District Sports Club Ltd Final Report (PDF 860KB)
- Bass Coast Shire Council: CEEP1049 Sustrainable Street lighting Final - Project Report (PDF 2.85MB)
- Bass Coast Shire Council: CEEP2152 Efficient Buildings by the Coast - Final Project Report (PDF 4.78MB)
- Baw Baw Shire Council: CEEP1040 Baw Baw Shire CEEP Project - Street Lighting Energy Efficiency Program Final Project Review Report (PDF 1.40MB)
- Bega Valley Shire Council: CEEP2183 'Energy Efficient Community Pools' Project Final Report (PDF - 839 KB)
- Bethanie Housing Ltd: CEEP2199 Bethanie Housing: Geothermal HVAC Upgrade in the Community Areas of Bethanie Aged Care Facilities - Final Report (PDF 1.01MB)
- Blackall-Tambo Regional Council: CEEP2120 Blackall-Tambo Effective Energy Project (BEEP) Final Report (PDF 1.06MB)
- Blacktown Workers Club Ltd: CEEP1043 Blacktown Workers Club Ltd Final Report (PDF 1.52MB)
- Blayney Shire Council: CEEP2050 CentrePoint Leisure Centre Energy Retrofit Final Report (PDF 8.07MB)
- Blayney Shire Council: CEEP2140 Blayney Shire Council Final Report "Getting the Mix Right" (PDF 270KB)
- Brimbank City Council: CEEP1022 "Powering Down" Realising Energy and Greenhouse Gas reductions in buildings, facilities and street lights Final Report (PDF 2.24MB)
- Brisbane City Council: CEEP1175 25,000 Street Lights Retrofit project Final Report (PDF 772KB)
- Broken Hill City Council: CEEP2045 Shine the Light on Energy Use at Broken Hill City Council Final Report (PDF 9.85MB)
- Bucketts Way Neighbourhood Group Inc: CEEP2196 Bucketts Way Neighbourhood Group Energy Efficiency upgrade/retrofit Final Report (PDF 2.17MB)
- Bundaberg Regional Council: CEEP2006 Installation of energy efficient lights, timers and other equipment in public infrastructure across Bundaberg - Final Report (PDF 7.14MB)
- Cairns Regional Council: CEEP1256 Cairns Regional Council Final Report (PDF 830KB)
- Canterbury-Hurlstone Park RSL Club Ltd: CEEP2116 Final report in relation to: Community Energy Efficiency Program Funding Agreement for Canterbury Hurlstone Park RSL Trigeneration Project (PDF 3.95MB)
- Cardinia Shire Council: CEEP1192 Cardinia Life Environmental Upgrade Project including lighting upgrade, HVAC tuning and cogenereation installation Final Report (PDF 7.92MB)
- Casey City Council: CEEP2009 Lighting the way to a Greener Casey - Energy Efficient Street Lighting Bulk Conversion Project Final Report (PDF 1.65MB)
- Castle Hill RSL Club Ltd: CEEP1135 Final Report Community Energy Efficiency Program Funding Agreement for the Castle Hill RSL Club Trigeneration Project (PDF 1.46MB)
- Central NSWCouncils: CEEP1193 Central NSWCouncils Learning and Sharing Energy Efficiency Program Final Report (PDF 4.41MB)
- Central NSWCouncils: CEEP2013 Central NSWCouncils The Nexus Between Water and Energy Final Report (PDF 5.28MB)
- City of Armadale: CEEP2234 City of Armadale Champion Centre LED lighting and Insulation Retrofit Project Plan Final Report (PDF 5.92MB)
- City of Boroondara: CEEP1222 Sustainable Lighting Project Final Report (PDF 9.99MB)
- City of Busselton: CEEP1031 Geothermal Heating of the City of Busselton Geographe Leisure Centre - Final Report (PDF 3.08MB)
- City of Campbelltown: CEEP2215 City of Campbelltown Energy Efficiency Demonstration Project Final Report (PDF 2.52MB)
- City of Canning: Riverton Leisureplex Geothermal Project - Final Report (PDF 5.85MB)
- City of Canterbury Council: CEEP2232 Canterbury Energy Efficiency Upgrade: Project Final Report (PDF 10.30MB)
- City of Charles Sturt: CEEP2040 Kill Bill$ - Powering down across the City of Charles Sturt Final Report (PDF 13.20MB)
- City of Darebin: CEEP1109 Pooling our energy savings Final Report (PDF 1.46MB)
- City of Darebin: CEEP2067 Darebin Green Light Program - Energy Efficient Streetlights Final Report (PDF 7.11MB)
- City of Fremantle: CEEP2047 Cogeneration and Geothermal Upgrade in the City of Fremantle Leisure Centre - Final Report (PDF 1.48MB)
- City of Greater Bendigo: CEEP1018 Energy efficiency installations in seven of the largest energy consuming facilities - Final Report (PDF 7.15MB)
- City of Greater Dandenong: CEEP2182 City of Greater Dandenong - “Light Up Greater Dandenong Energy Efficient Street Lighting Bulk Conversion” Project - Final Report (PDF 3.72MB)
- City of Greater Geraldton: CEEP2106 Geraldton Aquarena Energy Efficiency Project - Final Report (PDF 5.35MB)
- City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder: CEEP1150 Goldfields Oasis Leisure Centre - Alternative Energy Project - Final Report (PDF 2.92MB)
- City of Kwinana : CEEP2024 Ventilation upgrades, air curtain, real time energy monitoring and energy efficiency education at the City of Kwinana's aquatic and youth centres Final Report (PDF 1.25MB)
- City of Mandurah: CEEP2097 Mandurah Aquatic & Recreation Centre Redevelopment - Installation of Geothermal Heating - Final Report (PDF 27.60MB)
- City of Newcastle: CEEP1204 Newcastle City Council Smart Buildings Smart Workforce Final Report (PDF 1.85MB)
- City of Port Adelaide Enfield: CEEP2160 Re-energising Port Adelaide Enfield Community for a Sustainable Future Project - Final Report (PDF 4.02MB)
- City of Vincent : CEEP2098 City of Vincent Energy Efficiency Upgrades Final Report (PDF 1.54MB)
- City of Whittlesea: CEEP2079 Energy Efficient Streetlights and libraries - Final Report (PDF 1.80MB)
- Clarence Valley Council: CEEP2238 Energy Ingenuity at Clarence Valley Council - Final Report (PDF 1.40MB)
- Cobram Community House Inc: CEEP2139 Efficiencies for Growth - Final Report (PDF 1.64MB)
- Community Living & Respite Services Inc: CEEP2112 Final Report "Lightening the Load" Energy Efficiency Project (PDF 396KB)
- Cootamundra Ex Servicemen's and Citizens Club: CEEP2180 Cootamundra Ex Servicemen's and Citizens Memorial Club Replacement of Air Conditioning and Lighting - Final Report (PDF 9.83MB)
- Corangamite Shire Council: CEEP1143 Corangamite Shire Emission Reduction Scheme for Camperdown Depot & Camperdown Community Centre - Final Report (PDF 1.30MB)
- Corryong Neighbourhood House Inc: CEEP2144 Corryong Neighbourhood Centre Final Report (PDF 3.39MB)
- Council of the City of Sydney: CEEP1161 Town Hall Trigeneration Project Final Report (PDF 3.44MB)
- Cradle Coast Authority:CEEP1144 Portside Building Retrofit Regional Showcase - An energy conscious home for regional government Final Report (PDF 3.04MB)
- Crescent Head Country Club Ltd: CEEP2064 Energy Reduction through Voltage Power Optimisation Final Report (PDF 1.85MB)
- Devonport City Council: CEEP2029 Devonport Energy Efficiency Project Final Report (PDF 3.55MB)
- District Council Orroroo Carrieton: CEEP1127 Energy Efficient Upgrade by Installation of Energy Management Systems, Lighting, Air-conditioning to Council & Community Buildings and Infrastructures Project Final Report (PDF 1.45MB)
- Dubbo RSL Memorial Club Ltd: CEEP2213 Dubbo RSL Memorial Club Skycool Heat Reduction Project - Final Report (PDF 3.46MB)
- East Arnhem Shire Council: CEEP1297 East Arnhem Shire Council Street Lighting Replacement Project Final Report (PDF 969KB)
- East Gippsland Shire Council: CEEP2204 Bright Futures East Gippsland: Energy Efficient Street Lights and Main Corporate Centre (PDF 9.41MB)
- East Gippsland Shire Council: CEEP2205 Bright Futures East Gippsland: Bairnsdale Aquatic and Recreation Centre (BARC) pool heating and lighting upgrade Final report (PDF 16.9MB)
- East Gippsland Shire Council: CEEP2243 Bright Futures East Gippsland: Lakes Entrance Aquadome pool heating and lighting upgrade Final Report (PDF 3.24MB)
- Eastern Metropolitan Regional Council (EMRC): CEEP1019 Re-energising Perth’s Eastern Region: Energy efficient lighting, air-conditioning and pool pump retrofits of key community facilities and street lighting in Perth's Eastern Region Final Report (PDF 2.68MB)
- Frankston City Council: CEEP1115 Milestone 9 Final Report Frankston Arts Precinct Trigeneration (PDF 4.97MB)
- Frankston City Council: CEEP1148 Final Report - 43 Davey Street Frankston City Council (PDF 3.83MB)
- Glen Eira City Council: CEEP1014 Community Energy Efficiency Program - Moorleigh Community Village - Final Report (PDF 101KB)
- Gloucester Shire Council: CEEP1092 Reconditioning of the air conditioning unit in the administration centre - Final Report (PDF 774KB)
- Great Lakes Council: CEEP2093 Great Lakes Council Community Facility Energy Efficiency Upgrade Final Report (PDF 4.30MB)
- Greater Bendigo City Council: CEEP2121 Lighting the regions Final Report (PDF 11.00MB)
- Greater Shepparton City Council: CEEP2019 Watts Working Better Project - Street Lighting Energy Efficiency Program - Final Report (PDF 2.05MB)
- Holroyd City Council: CEEP2054 Energy Smart Cities & Homes Project - CEEP Final Report (PDF 2.08MB)
- Hume City Council: CEEP2184 Hume Lighting the Way Community Energy Efficiency Program - Final Report (PDF 620KB)
- Illawarra Catholic Club Ltd: CEEP2181 Illawarra Catholic Club Ltd Final Report (PDF 1.21KB)
- Illawarra Sports Stadium Ltd: CEEP2008 Illawarra Sports Stadium Ltd Final Report (PDF 1.31MB)
- Ipswich City Council: CEEP2036 Ipswich LED Street Lighting Retrofit Final Report (PDF 2.71MB)
- Kingston City Council: CEEP1015 Kingston Arts Precinct Energy Efficiency Improvement Program - Final Report (PDF 0.98MB)
- Kingston City Council: CEEP2078 Lighting the way - Blazing a trail for Best-Practice commercial office building LED lighting retrofits in Kingston and the wider community - Final Report (PDF 1.18MB)
- Kogarah City Council: CEEP1228 Sustainable Lighting Retrofit: Lighting the way to an Energy Efficient Kogarah - Final Report (PDF 3.83MB)
- Lane Cove Municipal Council: CEEP2065 Energy Conservation in Lane Cove Final Report (PDF 5.78MB)
- Latrobe City Council: CEEP2016 Lighting Latrobe Final Report (PDF 5.66MB)
- Leichhardt Municipal Council: CEEP1240 Leichhardt Park Aquatic Centre Co-Generation Plant Final Report (PDF 456KB)
- Lismore City Council: CEEP1030 Upgrade of pumps, lighting and water heating at Lismore City Council’s two main community leisure centres – Lismore Memorial Baths and Goonellabah Sports & Aquatic Centre Final Report (PDF 2.36MB)
- Lismore City Council: CEEP2176 Lismore City Council - Upgrade of air conditioning, lighting and trial heat reflective paint at the Corporate Administration Centre and CBD Office Final Report (PDF 1.85MB)
- Logan City Council: CEEP2148 Logan City Council Community Energy Efficiency Program (CEEP) Lighting Upgrade Final Report (PDF 9.02MB)
- Mahogany Neighbourhood Centre Inc: CEEP2145 Mahogany Neighbourhood Centre Inc Final Report (PDF 9.82MB)
- Maitland City Bowls Sports and Recreation Club: CEEP1099 Trigeneration and Electric Duct Heating Retrofit - Final Report (PDF 16.9MB)
- Maitland City Council: CEEP2070 New Future Project - Final Report - Milestone 9 (PDF 2.05MB)
- Maribyrnong City Council: CEEP2085 Lighting the West and emPOWERing Maribyrnong Community Energy Efficiency Pogram Projects Final Report (PDF 10.1MB)
- Meander Valley Council: CEEP2057 Energy-Wise Warmth for Mountain Community Final Report (PDF 1.22MB)
- Melton City Council: CEEP2117 Melton LEADS the Way, Empowering our Community and Demonstrating Energy Savings Measures Final Report (PDF 5.31MB)
- Merri Community Health Services Limited: CEEP1221 Heating, Ventilation and Cooling (HVAC) Replacement & Lighting Upgrade Final Report (PDF 6.03MB)
- Mildura Rural City Council: CEEP2137 The Big Switch Final Report (PDF 742KB)
- Mingara Recreation Club Limited: CEEP2118 Mingara Recreation Club Cogeneration Project Final Report (PDF 4.15MB)
- Moreland City Council: CEEP1125 Brunswick Town Hall, Fawkner and Coburg Leisure Precincts - Energy Efficient Community Hubs - Final Report (PDF 7.72MB)
- Moreton Bay Regional Council: CEEP2138 Moreton Bay Regional Council Final Report (PDF 4.22MB)
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Western Australia (Inc): CEEP1072 Multiple Sclerosis Society of Western Australia (Inc) Final Report (PDF 3.88MB)
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Western Australia Inc: CEEP2171 Multiple Sclerosis Society of Western Australia Inc Final Report (PDF 4.77MB)
- Nazareth Catholic Community: CEEP1061 Nazareth Catholic Community Final Report (PDF 4.09MB)
- North Sydney Council: CEEP1046 North Sydney Olympic Pool Cogeneration Plant Project - Final Report (PDF 2.73MB)
- North Sydney Council: CEEP1156 North Sydney Council Final Report (PDF 1.60MB)
- Northern Grampians Shire Council: CEEP2123 Stawell Leisure Complex Solar Water and LED Lighting Upgrade Final Report (PDF 2.60MB)
- Novita Children's Services: CEEP1183 Novita Children's Services Final Report (PDF 1.98MB)
- Nunkuwarrin Yunti of South Australia Inc: CEEP2177 Improving energy efficiency for an Aboriginal community health service to reduce costs and maximise resources targeted to close the gap - Final Report (PDF 1.87MB)
- Parramatta City Council: CEEP1207 Accelerating Energy Efficiency Improvements to Parramatta's Central Business District (CBC) - Final Report (PDF 2.49MB)
- Police Citizens Youth Clubs NSW: CEEP1230 Lighting Retrofit PCYC NSWFinal Report (PDF 7.40MB)
- Port Stephens Council: CEEP1089 Energy Efficiency Upgrade Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning System Raymond Terrace Community Care Centre - Final Report (PDF 2.76MB)
- Queensland Police Citizens-Youth Welfar Association: CEEP2163 PCYC Queensland Energy Efficient Lighting Upgrade Project Final Report (PDF 16.0MB)
- Regional Development Australia - Northern Inland: CEEP2053 Northern Lights - Final Report (PDF 2.56MB)
- Roper Gulf Shire Council: CEEP2134 The Cleaner Greener Challenge - Final Report (PDF 5.06MB)
- Ross House Association (RHA): CEEP1007 Greening Ross House: A Place Where Community Groups Grow - Final Report (PDF 9.56MB)
- Royal Far West: CEEP2058 Upgrade to lighting in high use areas to energy efficient fittings Final Report (PDF 725KB)
- Ruah Community Services: CEEP1218 Community Energy Efficiency Program Project "Cool Gecko" Final Report (PDF 9.15MB)
- Rural City of Wangaratta: CEEP1244 Cogeneration at Wangaratta Indoor Sports and Aquatic Centre Eco Living Precinct Project (PDF 1.19MB)
- Scope (Vic) Limited: CEEP2069 A Model for Energy Efficiency in the Disability Sector Final Report (PDF 1.80MB)
- Shire of Esperance: CEEP2130 Unlocking the potential of energy efficiency within local governments - LED Streetlight retrofit project - Final Report (PDF 2.88MB)
- Shire of Laverton: CEEP2202 Unlocking the potential of energy efficiency within local governments - LED Streetlight retrofit project - Final Report (PDF 2.35MB)
- Shire of Manjimup: CEEP1248 Installation of Energy Efficient Pumping, High Efficiency Pool & Space Heating Technologies at MARC - Final Report (PDF 2.20MB)
- Shire of York: CEEP2035 Administration office energy efficiency upgrade project - Final Report (PDF 2.01MB)
- Somerset Regional Council: CEEP2005 Lowood pool heating - Final Report (PDF 1.19MB)
- Southern Cross Care (WA) Inc: CEEP2113 Southern Cross Care Community Energy Efficiency Program Project - Final Report (PDF 4.95MB)
- Southern Downs Regional Council: CEEP2095 Upgrade to Lighting at Weeroona Park Stanthorpe, Leslie Park Warwick, Acacia Avenue Car Park Warwick - Final Report (PDF 6.90MB)
- Southern Midlands Council: CEEP1011 Implementing and promoting energy efficiency solutions in heritage buildings through retrofitting the 1880's Southern Midlands Town Hall - Final Report (PDF 1.37MB)
- South Gippsland Shire Council: CEEP1070 Green Street Lighting Project Final Report (PDF 569KB)
- South West Sustainability Partnership : CEEP1102 Great South Coast Street Smart Lighting Program Final Report (PDF 4.49MB)
- Tablelands Regional Council: CEEP2162 Atherton Library and Gallery air conditioning and lighting upgrades - Final Report (PDF 1.45MB)
- Tamworth Regional Council: CEEP1162 Tamworth Regional Gallery Final Report (PDF 4.14MB)
- Tasman Council: CEEP2055 Tasman Energy Action (TEA) Final Report (PDF 2.85MB)
- Temora Aviation Museum: CEEP1071 Temora Aviation Museum Final Report (PDF 1.84MB)
- The Bendigo Trust: CEEP2159 The Bendigo Trust Final Report (PDF 1.23MB)
- The Cerebral Palsy Association of WALtd: CEEP2189 Geothermal HVAC and Pool Heating Upgrade at The Ability Centre - Final Report (PDF 3.22MB)
- The City of Canada Bay Council: CEEP1235 The City of Canada Bay Council Final Report (PDF 7.75MB)
- The City of Greater Geelong : CEEP1194 Future Proofing Geelong - Final Report (PDF 6.59MB)
- The City of Stirling: CEEP2030 Kill-a-Watt: Stirling's Low Carbon Diet for its Biggest Power Users - Final Report (PDF 3.14MB)
- The Corporation of the City of Adelaide: CEEP2025 Adelaide Aquatic Centre Energy Efficiency Upgrade - Final Report (PDF 6.75MB)
- The John James Memorial Foundation Ltd: CEEP2107 The John James Memorial Foundation Ltd Final Report (PDF 2.39MB)
- The Northcott Society : CEEP2201 Upgrade of HVAC control, lighting and retro-commissioning at the Northcott Centre, North Parramatta - Final Report (PDF 0.99MB)
- Town of Gawler: CEEP2071 Improving energy management practices in the Gawler community - Final Report (PDF 3.85MB)
- Townsville City Council : CEEP1186 Energy transformation Townsville - Final Report (PDF 4.52MB)
- Tumbarumba Shire Council: CEEP2084 Energy efficient upgrade of Khancoban water supply pumping stations - Final Report (PDF 931KB)
- Tumburumba Shire Council: CEEP1231 Energy efficient upgrade of Tumburumba's water supply pumping stations - Final Report (PDF 1.70MB)
- Tumut Shire Council: CEEP2052 Riverina Highlands Building Energy Efficiency Project (RHBEEP) Final Report (PDF 11.0MB)
- Twin Towns Services Club Ltd: CEEP2111 Club Banora Trigeneration System. On site electricity generation combined with an absorption chiller - Final Report (PDF 2.05MB)
- UnitingCare Community: CEEP2076 Blue Care and UnitingCare Community Energy Efficiency Program Final Report (PDF 1.62MB)
- Wagga Wagga City Council: CEEP1171 Oasis Regional Aquatic Centre Cogeneration - Final Report (PDF 248MB)
- Wellington Shire Council: CEEP2060 Wellington Shire Street Lights Ahead - Final Report (PDF 1.95MB)
- West Gambier Football Club Inc: CEEP2091 West Gambier Football Club & The Community Energy Efficiency Program Final Report (PDF 1.89 B)
- Western Australian Local Government Association: CEEP1232 WARural & Regional LED Streetlighting Retrofit Final Report (PDF 1.19MB)
- Western Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils Ltd.: CEEP2109 Light Years Ahead: Western Sydney's Energy Efficient Street Lighting Project Final Report (PDF 6.69MB)
- Willoughby City Council: CEEP1167 Tri-Generation at The Concourse - Final Report (PDF 344KB)
- Wollongong City Council: CEEP1130 Southern Gateway Centre Lighting Upgrade - Final Report (PDF 393KB)
- Woollahra Municipal Council: CEEP1168 Energy Efficiency at Woollahra Council Chambers - Final Report (PDF 1.33MB)
- Wyndham City Council: CEEP1062 Wyndham Leisure and Events Centre Redevelopment Project - Final Report (PDF 1.81MB)
- Wyndham City Council: CEEP2155 Lighting the West Final Report (PDF 1.47MB)
- Yarra City Council: CEEP1189 Richmond Library: Energy Efficiency Commercial Demonstration Site Final Report (PDF 2.61MB)
- Yarra City Council: CEEP2083 Richmond Recreation Centre Final Report (PDF 3.16MB)
- Yarra Ranges Shire Council: CEEP2081 Energy Efficiency in My Stree: Reducing energy use in Yarra Ranges one street at a time - Final Report (PDF 2.07MB)
The Energy Efficiency Information Grants (EEIG) Program was part of a suite of measures announced in July 2011 as part of the governments' climate change strategy. The Program assisted industry associations and non-profits to provide practical, tailored energy efficiency information to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and community organisations, allowing them to make informed decisions about energy efficiency - and thereby reduce their operational costs.
For tailored energy efficient advice developed by EEIG grant recipients specific to your business sector, visit the Small Business page on eex.gov.au.
Across two funding rounds, 46 recipients received a total of $33.2 million. The Program closed on 30 June 2015.
The Local Government Energy Efficiency Program (LGEEP) provided financial assistance to local governments for the installation of solar and heat pump hot water systems in community buildings and facilities, particularly where those authorities were situated in low socio economic or otherwise disadvantaged areas.
Grants were awarded to 214 local councils for a total of $6.7 million. The Program closed on 30 June 2014.
The Low Income Energy Efficiency Program (LIEEP) was part of a suite of measures announced in July 2011 as part of the governments' climate change strategy. LIEEP is a competitive merit-based grant program established by the Commonwealth Government to provide grants to consortia of government, business and community organisations to trial approaches to improve the energy efficiency of low income households and enable them to better manage their energy use.
Across two funding rounds 20 recipients were successful in securing grants worth a total of $55.3 million. The Program closed 30 June 2016.
Over $217 million was provided to 5,310 schools to install renewable energy systems, rainwater tanks and a range energy efficiency measures. The solar power systems installed produce enough electricity to power the equivalent of 4600 average households every day. The funding helped to educate students about renewable energy and energy efficiency, and that everyday actions can prevent the production of millions of tonnes of carbon pollution.
The Program closed on 30 June 2013.
Under REBS, over 255,000 rebates in excess of $323 million was provided to eligible home-owners, landlords or tenants replace electric storage hot water systems with solar or heat pump hot water systems. Eligible households could claim a rebate of $1000 for a solar hot water system or $600 for a heat pump hot water system.
The Smart Grid, Smart City (SGSC) project trialled Australia's first commercial-scale smart grid. The project went from October 2010 to February 2014 and was delivered and funded by the Australian Government in partnership with Ausgrid, EnergyAustralia and their consortium partners IBM Australia, GE Energy Australia, Sydney Water, and Newcastle City Council. The Australian Government provided a $100 million grant for the project, which was complemented by more than $400 million of cash and in-kind contributions committed by the project consortium.
The SGSC project gathered robust information about costs and benefits by testing a smart grid in a real world context. The outcomes of the project can be used to inform future decisions by government, electricity providers, technology suppliers and consumers across Australia.
For more information about the program, including reports, supporting documentation and links to SGSC data, please refer to the web archive of the pages.
The Solar Cities program worked in partnership with local government and industry consortia groups. There were seven Solar Cities with each Solar City trialing a combination of options for homes and business to save money and energy.
Established under the Energy Efficiency Opportunities Act (2006), the EEO Program was designed to improve the identification and evaluation of energy efficiency opportunities by large energy-using corporations and, as a result, encourage implementation of cost-effective energy efficiency opportunities. Companies were required to conduct rigorous assessments of their energy use and publicly report on assessment outcomes. EEO case studies, information resources and results reports are available on the Energy Exchange website.
The EEBP Program commenced in 1998 using sector case studies, benchmarking reports and information products to better inform industry of the benefits of energy efficiency and assist companies in overcoming barriers to the adoption of energy efficient practices. In May 2000, the focus of the Program shifted to implementation, innovation and capacity building. EEBP acted as a precursor to the EEO Program.