The Australian Government provides a range of information and support to help people reduce fuel costs and reduce carbon emissions and pollution from vehicles, including the Green Vehicle Guide and the Truck Buyers Guide. The Clean Energy Finance Corporation provides financing to drive uptake of low emissions vehicles. Under the Emissions Reduction Fund businesses can earn carbon credits by changing to lower emissions vehicles, improving vehicle efficiency or changing fuel sources.
The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development manages policy and standards development on vehicle emissions, vehicle noise and fuel consumption labelling. It administers the Australian Design Rules which are national standards for vehicle safety, anti-theft and emissions. The Department of the Environment and Energy is responsible for fuel quality standards.
- Australian Design Rules Australian Government
- Green Vehicle Guide and Fuel Consumption Label Australian Government
- Fuel Tax Credit for Heavy Diesel Vehicles Australian Government
- Fuel quality standards Australian Government
- Truck Buyers Guide and Options for saving fuel Australian Government
- CEFC Australian Government
- Emissions Reduction Fund Australian Government