Omnibus Legislative Amendments - Consultation
Following agreement by the COAG Energy Council's Senior Committee of Officials this consultation package was publicly released on draft legislative amendments. These would implement various ongoing energy market reform policy initiatives as well as making minor corrections or changes to address identified ambiguity.
The proposed changes to the National Energy Laws included:
- Participating Jurisdiction amendments.
- Commercial Arbitration provisions.
- Victorian Declared Wholesale Gas Market amendments.
- Information Disclosure amendments.
- Ministerial Council amendments.
- Statutory Notices amendments.
- Removal of Limited Merits Review amendments.
- Limitation of Duty on Commonwealth Officers or Bodies amendments.
Changes to the National Electricity Regulations and National Gas Regulations had been made in relation to commercial arbitration provisions.
Senior Committee of Officials was interested in comments from stakeholders on drafting omissions or errors and whether these amendments would raise any practical implementation or transitional concerns.
This consultation was for a period of 6 weeks, from 15 April to 28 May 2020.