The Australian Government is addressing climate change and ensuring energy security and affordability.
The climate change function transferred to the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources as a result of the Administrative Arrangements Order made on 5 December 2019 with effect from 1 February 2020.
The department delivers policies and programs to reduce emissions, increase renewable energy uptake and help Australia adapt to the changing climate.
The government’s climate change plan includes these programs and activities:
- Climate Solutions Fund—Emissions Reduction Fund: $3.5 billion investment to deliver Australia’s 2030 Paris climate commitments.
- Climate Active: empowering Australians to take climate action to become carbon neutral.
- Australia’s international climate activities: cooperation and commitments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Climate science and data: includes information on the science of climate change, the impact on Australia, future projections of temperature, rainfall and sea level rise for Australia.
- Adapting to climate change: climate change adaptation helps individuals, communities, organisations and natural systems to deal with those consequences of climate change that cannot be avoided.
Climate change Australian Government
Portfolio climate change agencies and organisations Australian Government
National Greenhouse Gas Inventory Australian Government
Climate change publications and resources Australian Government