Energy data

energy-theme-teal

Australian electricity generation by industry 2021-22

Australian electricity generation by industry 2021-22 chart
The figure shows the percentage composition of Australian electricity generation by the electricity sector, by mining and manufacturing, and by other industries including residential solar photovoltaic production, in 2021-22. About 81% of Australia’s electricity was generated by the electricity sector, with the remaining 19% generated by mining, manufacturing, other industries and households. This share varies considerably across state and territories, with the non-electricity sector contributing 58% of total generation in the Northern Territory, 44% in Western Australia, but only 3% in Tasmania.

Loading...

  NSW VIC QLD WA SA TAS NT AUS
Electricity sector 89.9 90.1 82.0 55.6 78.8 96.9 41.9 81.1
Mining and Manufacturing 0.9 1.6 6.2 37.5 2.5 1.0 53.5 9.5
Other industries incl residential solar 9.2 8.2 11.8 6.9 18.7 2.2 4.6 9.4

Theme Section