The System Planning Working Group (SPWG) is responsible for overseeing, advising on, and collaborating to deliver system planning work streams identified under the National Energy Transformation Partnership, and additional actions that might be assigned to the working group from ECSOG, ECMC and the Capacity and Connections Committee.
This includes oversight of delivery of workstreams across:
- renewable energy forecasting
- thermal generation exit timing
- energy demand transitions
- system security and capacity
- enhanced system planning practice.