energy.gov.au

energy-theme-default

Australian electricity generation by industry 2019–20

The figure shows the percentage composition of Australian electricity generation by the electricity sector, by mining and manufacturing, and by other industries including residential solar photovoltaic production, in 2019-20. About 84% of Australia’s electricity was generated by the electricity sector, with the remaining 16% generated by mining, manufacturing, other industries and households. This share varies considerably across state and territories, with the non-electricity sector contributing over 40%..
The figure shows the percentage composition of Australian electricity generation by the electricity sector, by mining and manufacturing, and by other industries including residential solar photovoltaic production, in 2019-20. About 84% of Australia’s electricity was generated by the electricity sector, with the remaining 16% generated by mining, manufacturing, other industries and households. This share varies considerably across state and territories, with the non-electricity sector contributing over 40% of total generation in Western Australia and the Northern Territory but only 3% in Tasmania.

Loading...

  NSW VIC QLD WA SA TAS NT AUS
Electricity sector 93.8 92.4 86.9 56.6 85.4 97.5 44.8 84.4
Mining and Manufacturing 0.9 1.9 6.0 38.6 2.7 0.8 51.8 9.6
Other industries incl residential solar 5.3 5.7 7.1 4.8 11.9 1.7 3.4 6.0