The way we supply and use energy in Australia is changing. To understand these changes, to plan for Australia’s energy future, and to make sound policy and investment decisions, we need timely, accurate, comprehensive and readily-accessible energy data.
The Department of the Environment and Energy is responsible for compiling and publishing Australia’s official energy statistics and balances.
The Department also publishes other energy data, including data on the Energy Rating program:
- data for household appliances (labelled)
- household appliances (non-labelled)
- Department of the Environment and Energy datasets
A significant amount of government data is open and can be easily accessed and shared through www.data.gov.au. Over 7000 data sets have been published since 2013.
Other extensive energy-related data include
- National Energy Analytics Research program
- Clean Energy Regulator Data and Information
- Australian Renewable Energy Agency Knowledge Bank
- AREMI spatial data platform for the Australian energy industry
Open data Australian Government
Data availability and use Australian Government
Productivity Commission report on data availability and use Australian Government
FED environmental data Australian Government
State of the Environment report Australian Government
Australia.gov.au datasets Australian Government